Monday, July 21, 2014

Hit a Problem

   I was working on Pop n' Fresh, but then my yoyo became semi-responsive and would snap back to my hand, so I couldn't finish the trick. I asked for help on the YoyoExpert forum, and a member suggested to clean the bearing. So, I researched more about it and found out some ways that I could use to clean the yoyo bearing. Some ways required to use Mineral Spirits or thin lube, but I did not have those, so I used the paper bearing cleaning to try to fix the problem.

   EDIT (7/22/14): So I have tried the paper cleaning technique. It worked for a little bit, but the yoyo still snaps back up, though less frequently. I guess that I will try the other cleaning method, to see if it works. The other method requires taking Mineral Spirits/Acetone to clean the bearing.

(Credit to http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?;topic=61886.0 and http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,23234.0.html for explanation of the bearing cleaning)

No comments:

Post a Comment