Friday, July 18, 2014

Double or Nothing, Mach 5, and Cold Fusion

   Over the last 2 days, I have been working on Double or Nothing and Mach 5. The former had a difficulty of 7 out of 10. Double or Nothing began like a Trapeze, but it was frustrating because you let the string swing past instead of catching it. Even more annoying was at the end, where you caught it like a Trapeze. So, I had to get used to not doing Trapeze then doing it again at the end. I usually get Double or Nothing 4 times out of 5. I want to keep practicing this so I can do this easily.
   Mach 5 was a different story. I found that it was one of the easiest unresponsive tricks, with a difficulty of 3. It was a variation of Split the Atom, so I got it easily. Plus, it looks really cool! Since I was done with this trick, I decided to save some time and move on to the next trick, which was Cold Fusion. I was full of momentum and thought that I would breeze through the next one, but I was wrong.
   Cold Fusion was even more frustrating than Double or Nothing! The reason is because you start off doing the Double or Nothing (guess I should practice that trick even more), then you have to manipulate your fingers around a lot, and furthermore you have to land the yoyo on the string at the end. I had to watch the tutorial video many times to make sure I was doing it right. After trying and failing many times, I finally got the trick right. To make sure that I have Cold Fusion truly done, I'm going to spend today to keep working on it. I give it a difficulty of 8. Here is a video of me practicing Cold Fusion (to be updated)

No comments:

Post a Comment