Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Final Preparations and Practice

   If I get the "Okay" from the Summer Camp leader to be able to do my performance tomorrow, then today is the last day that I have to practice. So far, I have these tricks integrated into my combo of tricks that will be in my performance:

-Sleeper
-Tower
-Rock the Baby
-Elevator
-Braintwister
-Trapeze
-Split the Atom
-Double or Nothing/Cold Fusion
-Mach 5
-Pop n' Fresh
-Plastic Whip
(also, I will be adding one or two other tricks that were not in the String Trick Ladder that I learned out of interest along the way)

   Those are most of my tricks that I learned, so there should be a variety of tricks. Also, I figured that it's going to be less of a performance, but more of a active interaction between the me and the kids. I was thinking: "They're definitely going to ask me how to do this and that, and I should show them", so I will teach them a few tricks to get them into the performance as well.

In regards to my trick progress, I have learned Gerbil, but I still need to work on how smooth it is and not make the yoyo spin out before I finish. I will definitely keep working on Gerbil as I progress through other tricks, because it will help me work on my smoothness. I have also learned Plastic Whip, which I will show in my presentation. I thought that it was going to be difficult, but it was easier than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment